Petal Frosting by La Receta de la Felicidad
These days, happy bakers everywhere are upping the ante with beautiful frosting techniques. Not only do we want to enjoy our slice of cake, we want it to look good too. Not sure how to accomplish that? Here are 5 impressive techniques, including tutorials, to inspire you.
1. Smooth FrostingÂ Let’s start with the basics. Nothing says modern like the clean lines of this perfectly frosted cake.Â Check out How to Frost a Cake by Whisk Kid.
2. Textured FrostingÂ Want a more relaxed and traditional-looking topping? How to Frost a Cake by The Paula Deen Test Kitchen will show you.
3. Ribbon FrostingÂ This classic design is always impressive. The Sew*er, The Caker, The Copy-Cat Maker shows you the Ribbon Frosting Technique with lots of step-by-step photos.
4. Petal FrostingÂ This is one of my personal favorites. Such a stunning visual created with such easy steps. Check out My Cake School’s Pretty Petal Effect or Bird on a Cake’s Petal Tutorial. The pink cake shown here is the Ombre Petal Cake by Java Cupcake.
5. Rosette FrostingÂ A timelessly romantic design.Â Girl. Inspired has a great tutorial called Tips for Making a Swirled Rose Cake. I am baker also has a well-done Rose Cake Tutorial, and provides a Rose Cake Video Tutorial as well.